Our team have converted our shared environment servers batch by batch since Feb 2011 and we have limited some resource limit to the shared environment server.
Below would be some Q&A that you might ask.
1. What I need to do if my web site is hosted on this server?
- Basically you do not need to do anything. We, Technical Support will take care of everything during this maintenance.
2. What is the different with previous shared environment with custom kernel?
- Custom kernel enhances the resource allocation among shared hosting accounts. It helps to improve the stability of the shared hosting server to avoid one account to fully utilize the server resource, and affects other shared hosting account at the same time.
3. What is the resource limit being set?
- It will be following the shared environment server resource available from our product page such as detail below.
CPU Usage: 15% of the server CPU
Concurrent Connection: 20
Maximum Memory Usage: 512MB
4. Why you said the CPU usage is 15% only but I am getting more than 15% from my cPanel stats bar?
- The information show from your cPanel statistic bar is your account current usage but not the whole server usage.
5. Can I disable resource limit from my account?
- The answer is simply no as it is applied to the server wide.
6. How can I increase the limit of the resource Setting?
- Unfortunately you are not allowed to do that, you could contact the support team to get any advice.
7. Why I'm getting Error 503 Service Temporary Unavailable error on my site?
- It is more likely the restricted concurrent connection hit, you shall consider upgrade your hosting account to higher level package to suit your web hosting needs.
8. Why I'm getting Error 500 Internal Server Error on my site after the upgrade?
- It is more likely the restricted memory resource hit, you shall consider upgrade your hosting account to higher level package to suit your web hosting needs.
9. How can I check my resource usage time by time?
- You may log into your cPanel and hit on the Resource Usage icon to generate your statistic of usage.
10. What can I do if my site keep getting Error 500 Internal Server Error even I am getting these error on my cPanel?
- You should contact our Technical Support to find out the exact URL that hitting the memory fault.