2) Who can register for a .in domain name what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .in domain name?
There are no restrictions on who can register .in domain name, it can be register by any individual or business in any country. Exabytes currently offer .in, .co.in, .net.in and .org.in.
Special requirements/restrictions for a .in domain name are as below:
- Authorization code requires to performing a registrar transfer.
- .in Whois will display the Registrant/Administrator/Technical contact information except Billing contact information.
Please refer to the following articles for the common registration requirements.
Domain Name FAQs
Domain Name Extension with Limitation on Characters
3) What is the length for .in domain name?
Minimum of 3 / maximum of 63 characters allowed.
4) What is the term of registration?
The term of registration is 1-10 years.
5) How do I perform a .in domain registration?
You may submit your order for the domain name registration here.
6) Can I delete a domain after registered?
No, you are not allowed to delete the domain name after its registered; the registration fee is non-refundable. You shall be the owner of the domain for the fiscal year.
7) What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 1 - 10 years.
8) What is the renewal grace period for .in domain name and how do I perform a domain renewal?
Renewal grace period for .cc domain name is 30 days; you may renew your domain name by logging in to our Exabytes Client Billing System. For further details, please click here.
You may refer to Domain Renewal FAQs for more information.
9) Any Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .in domain name?
Redemption Grace Period is a period of 30 days. Kindly refer to Domain Redemption FAQs for more information.
10) How long does it takes for a domain to release to public registration after expired and not renew?
After the domain name was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
30 days renewal grace period -- > 30 days Redemption grace period --> No pending delete
If you did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be released for public re-registration approximately 70 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
11) Can I initiate a registrar transfer for .in domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, you are allowed to initiate registrar transfer for .in domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
You may refer to Transfer Domain to Exabytes for more information.
12) What problem(s) will delay or prevent the registrar transfer of domain?
Domain name which registered within the 60 days following the creation date will not able to perform registrar transfer.
13) Does Exabytes provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for .in?
No, Exabytes does not provide IDN.in domain name at this moment.