Dear Valued Clients,
This is the latest announcement regarding TMNet CBJ1 Data Centerâ¬"s Planned Power Outage Event which was postponed on 14th April.
The new maintenance details are as below:
Maintenance Date: 12th May 2007 (SAT) â¬ 13th May 2007 (SUN)
Maintenance Time: 6:00AM (12th May) â¬ 7.00AM (13th May), GMT +0800
TMNet has scheduled a repair and audit activity in the CBJ1 Data Center (formerly known as MyLoca) that involved the whole Data Center. It is part of an ongoing effort to ensure the integrity and reliability of the electrical power system of the Data Center at all times. The agenda of the planned outage are as below:
1. To Install 4 new PDU and 4 STS systems to provide more scalability.
2. The end-to-end audit, assessment and re-commissioning of power infrastructure (from UPS, batteries, STS and PDU)
3. To repair all damaged equipments due to previous incidents (involving 8 STSs and PDs units)
4. To perform a mega test on cabling infrastructure (640 cables) to ensure all cabling infrastructure are fit for operation
5. To migrate from old cabling infrastructure (known to have potential risk) to new cabling infrastructure
6. To install Monitoring Systems (Sitescan) for the power infrastructure
7. To allow for housekeeping and inventory update
8. To get full audit report in response to previous incidents and update on the latest power infra condition (after repair and fix)
1. Maintenance will begin at 06.00AM Malaysian Time on Saturday, 12th May 2007. The work is expected to conclude within 24 hours, at approximately 07.00AM Malaysian Time, Sunday, 13th May 2007.
2. On 11th May, between 7.00PM â¬ 11.00PM, we will switch to temporary backup power provided by TMNet CBJ1 Data Center. The back up power has no guarantee for redundancy (as in normal power supply). The backup power served as alternative solution to avoid 24-hour or longer service downtime. Therefore the backup supply may not be applied to any SLA or Uptime Guarantee. Exabytes will however put our best effort to ensure the stability and reliability of the power supply. As we need to shutdown the server before we switch to the backup power, a down time of 5-10 minutes is expected.
3. We need to shut down the server for another 5-10 minutes on 13th May (Sunday) after the repair and audit activity is successfully completed for switching back to normal power supply.
How to know if your web site or server is affected?
If your server IP is within the range 18.104.22.168/24 and 22.214.171.124/24, your server is hosted on CBJ1 data center and is affected by this planned maintenance. To get your server IP, you may perform a "PING" by referring to tutorial below:
Notes: Clients hosted on AIMS, CBJ2 and our US data center are not affected by this maintenance.
Dedicated Server & Server Co-location Clients
On 11th May, between 7.00PM â¬ 11.00PM our engineer will help you switch to the backup power. Once the maintenance is completed, we will help you switch back to the normal power. Please ensure the server password you have in our record is up to date. You may send in your latest server password by creating a Helpdesk Ticket at https://support.exabytes.com/help/
Technical Support and Additional information
For extra precautionary measures, we strongly advise our customer to do a backup on their critical data.
Please be assured that during this planned maintenance our Helpdesk will be accesible as usual and our engineers will also standby on site at the data center.
If you need further information and clarification on the maintenance or if you experience difficulties after the maintenance period, please contact us via helpdesk at https://support.exabytes.com/help/ (hosted in US), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at +604-630 8283.
Time: 9.30AM GMT +0800
We regret to inform you that the Planned Outage in TMNet CBJ1 Data Center which was scheduled to be performed during this weekend, once again needs to be postponed due to several technical device for backup power cannot be delivered on time. We are sorry for the inconvenience occurred.
For the time being, the new date for the next maintenance had not been confirmed yet.
We will update you accordingly once we receive confirmation from TMNet CBJ1 Data Center.
For further enquiries, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Exa Bytes Network Sdn Bhd
Web: http://www.exabytes.com | http://www.exabytes.com.my