Dear Valued Clients,
*** Only clients hosted on Optimus Prime server will be affected ***
Date : 27 April 2009 (Monday)
Start Time: 10.00pm GMT -6
Server Effected: optimus-prime.secure-dns.net (IP: 18.104.22.168)
We have detected problem on hard disk recently, as a precaution, we will be migrating your web site which is hosted on optimus-prime.secure-dns.net (IP: 22.214.171.124) to a brand new server with better hardware and latest CentOS Linux Operating System.
1. During the migration, your web site and email services might be slightly interrupted.
2. The IP Address of Web/FTP and Mail server will be changed upon the completion of the migration. The latest IP address can be obtained from our support portal announcement upon the completion.
3. Your cPanel login, FTP accounts and Email logins, and DNS IP will remain unchanged.
4. You are advised to keep a backup of your web site on your local terminal. You may generate the backup from your cPanel.
5. In conjunction to this upgrade excercise, we will also be upgrading the Apache web server to the latest 2.x version that provides more stability and performance improvements as the version currently running at the server side is 1.x.
6. With the latest Apache 2.x, we will also be changing the production PHP mode to suPHP mode. suPHP is a tool for executing PHP scripts with the permissions of their owners. The benefit of suPHP is that, it provides better security on the server and allows much easier resource control. The change over to suPHP mode will be carried out ONE WEEK after the date of migration as above. During the conversion to suPHP, we will:
a. Update all the permission folders to 755 and 644 for PHP scripts.
b. If you have any PHP_FLAG or PHP_VALUE existingly exist in .htaccess for your folder, we will replace it with a php.ini on your home directory.
Upon the completion of the conversion, the following conditions will apply for any future files and folders changes on your hosting account by yourself:
a. You are advised to run permission 755 for folders, and permission 644 for PHP script. Your PHP applications will NOT run if it is not configured as the permission recommended. A '500 Internal Server Error' message will be displayed when you try to browse the page at your browser.
b. PHP_FLAG or PHP_VALUE configured will no longer work for .htaccess, you are required updating those values in php.ini or by contacting us via our helpdesk for assistance.
If you do have any problems on loading the website after the conversion takes place, please contact us by providing us the FULL URL for your applications and the steps to reproduce the errors in order for our engineers to speed up the process of troubleshooting your issues.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by creating a Helpdesk Ticket at https://support.exabytes.com/help/ if you have any enquiries regarding this server upgrade excercise. Thank You!
Exa Bytes Network Sdn Bhd
Web: http://www.exabytes.com | http://www.exabytes.com.my