Windows Phone 7 includes a pre-installed Exchange ActiveSync client, with which you can synchronize your emails, contacts and appointments between your mobile phone and the Open-Xchange Server. This guide refers to a non-modified version of Windows Phone 7. The icons and names on your mobile phone may be different from this guide. In this case, refer to your mobile phone documentation or ask your cell phone provider.
How to configure your Windows Phone 7 mobile phone:
- In the main menu, select the right arrow icon or scroll to the left to access the application list.
- Select Settings, then choose email & accounts.
- Select add an account - select the Outlook account type.
- Enter the E-Mail address and the password you use for the Open-Xchange Server. Note: The entries are case-sensitive. Select sign in.
- Enter your access data (username and domain) for the Open-Xchange Server. If your username contains the @ character, enter the characters preceding @ in the Username field, the characters following @ in the Domain field. Example: For the username email@example.com mike as user and ox.io as domain. If your username does not contain the @ character, enter the username in the Username field and defaultcontext in the Domain field. Select Sign in.
- A notification message "We couldn't find your settings" is shown. Select Advanced. On the next page select show all settings.
- Enter the server name (hostname, FQDN) of the Open-Xchange Server in the Server field. In this case use ox.domain.com, replace domain.com with the domain name you subscribe. If your domain name not yet fully propagate, you can use 184.108.40.206 (MY) , 220.127.116.11 (SG), 18.104.22.168 (US). If your server uses encryption, enable Server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection.
- Check the settings. Select sign in.
Your mobile phone is now configured to use the Open-Xchange Server. The initial synchronization automatically starts immediately. Depending on the data volume and the network connection, the first synchronization might take a while.