2) Who can register for a .de domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .de domain name?
Special requirements/restrictions for a .de domain name are as below:
- Domain admin must have local presence within Germany;
- Organization or individual’s admin contact with local presence (postal address of your place of residence, no PO BOX) in Germany may apply for .de domain name. WebNIC can provide partners the local contact service in Germany. Please note that domain name that using our local contact service is chargeable, the fee is USD10 per domain per year;
- Name Server Requirement:
i) The SOA-Entries must be within the following parameters: (in seconds)
- Refresh [10000…86400]
- Expire [604800…3600000]
ii) Registry will checks on the following aspects:
- Are the identified nameservers accessible;
- Are they authoritative;
- Are the SOA-Entries correct;
- Are the SOA-Entries identical with the other nameservers
Please refer to the following articles for the common registration requirements.
Domain Name FAQs
Domain Name Extension with Limitation on Characters
3) What is the length for .de domain name?
Minimum of 1 / maximum of 63 characters allowed.
4) What is the term of registration?
The term of registration is 1 year.
5) How do I perform a .de domain registration?
You may submit your order for the domain name registration here.
6) Can I delete a domain after registered?
No, you are not allowed to delete the domain name after its registered; the registration fee is non-refundable. You shall be the owner of the domain for the fiscal year.
7) What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 1 year.
8) What is the renewal grace period for .de domain name and how do I perform a domain renewal?
There is no renewal grace period for .de domain name. As the .de domain renewal is a manual process and it required 3 – 5 business days to process, therefore, you are advised to submit the renewal request 5 days before the domain expire to prevent from the domain name to be expired.
You may refer to Domain Renewal FAQs for more information.
9) Any Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .de domain name?
No, there is no RGP for .de domain. Kindly refer to Domain Redemption FAQs for more information.
10) How long does it takes for a domain to release to public registration after expired and not renew?
After a .de domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
No renewal grace period -- > No Redemption grace period --> No pending delete
If you did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be release for public re-registration after domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
11) Can I initiate a registrar transfer for .de domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, you are allowed to initiate registrar transfer for .de domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
You may refer to Transfer Domain to Exabytes for more information.
12) Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for .de?
No, Exabytes does not provide IDN.de domain name at this moment.