2) Who can register for a .asia domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .asia domain name?
Special requirements/restrictions are as below:
- Anyone (person or entity) can be a registrant of a .asia domain name in condition where registrant must meet the Charter Eligibility Requirement.
- In order to satisfy the Charter Eligibility Requirement, at least one of the Domain Contacts associated with the Domain Name (Registrant, Admin, Billing or Technical) must be a legal entity in the DotAsia Community (Based on the ICANN Asia/Australia/Pacific Region described by 73 ccTLDs; http://www.icann.org/montreal/geo-regions-topic.htm)
- Accented characters such as Ö, è , Ø and etc. will not be allow for text fields (contact name, street or city)
Please refer to the following articles for the common registration requirements.
Domain Name FAQs
Domain Name Extension with Limitation on Characters
3) What is Charter Eligibility Declaration Contact (CED Contact)?
Charter Eligibility Requirement is the basic requirement to register a .asia domain name, at least one of the domain contact must be a legal entity in the DotAsia Community.
- The CED Contact is not an additional contact;
- The CED Contact is legal entity designated to make the Charter Eligibility Declaration;
- The legal entity may be a natural person or a juristic entity (such as corporation, partnership, public sector entities) in the DotAsia Community (within the localities described by the ICANN Asia/Australia/ Pacific (AP) Region; http://www.icann.org/montreal/geo-regions-topic.htm)
- The registrant must specify which contact to be listed as the CED Contact;
- Additional information must also be provided, these included:
- Locality of the claimed Legal Entity status
- Type of Legal Entity
- Form of Identification
- Identification Number / Code of Reference
- Other remarks
4) What is the responsibility of the Charter Eligibility Declaration Contact (CED Contact)?
In the case where the CED contact is not the registrant, the CED contact and registrant will be jointly accountable for the domain registration, responsible for responding to dispute resolution proceedings and jointly be defined as the Registered Name Holder. Nevertheless, the Registrant (Registrant Contact) will remain the "operating contact" for a domain, including for domain transfers and the reappointment of a CED Contact for a domain.
5) What is the length for .asia domain name?
Minimum of 3 / maximum of 63 characters allowed.
6) What is the term of registration?
The term of registration is 1-10 years.
7) How do I perform a .asia domain registration?
You may submit your order for the domain name registration here.
8) Can I delete a domain after registered?
No, you are not allowed to delete the domain name after its registered; the registration fee is non-refundable. You shall be the owner of the domain for the fiscal year.
9) What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 1-10 years.
10) What is the renewal grace period for .asia domain name and how do I perform a domain renewal?
Renewal grace period for .asia domain name is 30 days; you may renew your domain name by logging in to our Exabytes Client Billing System. For further details, please click here.
You may refer to Domain Renewal FAQs for more information.
11) Any Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .asia domain name?
Yes, Redemption Grace Period for .asia domain name is a period of 30 days. Kindly refer to Domain Redemption FAQs for more information.
12) How long does it takes for a domain to release to public registration after expired and not renew?
After a .asia domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
30 days renewal grace period -- > 30 days Redemption grace period --> 5 days pending delete
If you did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be released for public re-registration approximately 75 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
13) Can I initiate a registrar transfer for .asia domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, you are allowed to initiate registrar transfer for .asia domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
You may refer to Transfer Domain to Exabytes for more information.
14) Does Exabytes provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for .asia?
No, Exabytes does not provide IDN.asia domain name at this moment.