.CC is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for CoCos Keeling Island, a distinct political entity that is administered by Australia.
However, the .CC TLD is administered in the United States and managed by an American Company.
2) Who can register for a .cc domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .cc domain name?
There are no restrictions on who can register .cc domain name, it can be register by any individual or business in any country.
Anyone in the world can register a .cc domain for any purpose.
Please refer to the following articles for the common registration requirements.
Domain Name FAQs
Domain Name Extension with Limitation on Characters
3) What is the length for .cc domain name?
Minimum of 1 / maximum of 63 characters allowed.
4) What is the term of registration?
The term of registration is 1-10 years.
5) How do I order a .cc domain registration?
You may submit your order for the domain name registration here.
6) Can I delete a domain after registered?
No, you are not allowed to delete the domain name after its registered; the registration fee is non-refundable. You shall be the owner of the domain for the fiscal year.
7) What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 1-10 years.
8) What is the renewal grace period for .cc domain name and how do I perform a domain renewal?
Renewal grace period for .cc domain name is 30 days; you may renew your domain name by logging in to our Exabytes Client Billing System. For further details, please click here.
You may refer to Domain Renewal FAQs for more information.
9) Any Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .cc domain name?
Yes, Redemption Grace Period for .cc domain name is a period of 30 days. Kindly refer to Domain Redemption FAQs for more information.
10) How long does it takes for a domain to release to public registration after expired and not renew?
After a .cc domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
30 days renewal grace period -- > 30 days Redemption grace period --> 5 days pending delete
If you did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be released for public re-registration approximately 75 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
11) Can I initiate a registrar transfer for .cc domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, you are allowed to initiate registrar transfer for .cc domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
You may refer to Transfer Domain to Exabytes for more information.
12) Will my client able to visit my website with .cc Chinese Domain Name?
The current users who are already using i-Nav plug-in in their web browser or they are using IDN-enabled browsers will able to browse the website with .cc Chinese Domain Name.
However, for those who are not using the i-Nav plug-in or an IDN-enabled browser, we recommend the site visitors to install an IDN-enabled browser of their choice and continue to enjoy navigating the Web using IDNs in their own language. A few sample browsers currently supporting IDNs are as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Platform: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003
Version: 7.0 and higher
Netscape Navigator (English only)
Version: 7.0 and higher
Opera Web Browser
Platform: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Version: 7.2 and higher