2) Who can register for a .uk domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .uk domain name?
There are no restrictions on who can register .uk domain name, it can be register by any individual or business in any country. Exabytes currently offer .co.uk, .me.uk and .org.uk.
Change of registrant name is chargeable.
Please refer to the following articles for the common registration requirements.
Domain Name FAQs
Domain Name Extension with Limitation on Characters
3) What is the length for .uk domain name?
Minimum of 1 / maximum of 63 characters allowed.
4) What is the term of registration?
The term of registration is 2 years.
5) How do I perform a .uk domain registration?
You may submit your order for the domain name registration here.
6) Can I delete a domain after registered?
No, you are not allowed to delete the domain name after its registered; the registration fee is non-refundable. You shall be the owner of the domain for the fiscal year.
7) What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 2 years.
8) What is the renewal grace period for .uk domain name and how do I perform a domain renewal?
There is no renewal grace period for .uk domain name. As the .uk domain renewal is a manual process and it required 3 – 5 business days to process, therefore, you are advised to submit the renewal request 5 days before the domain expire to prevent from the domain name to be expired. For further details, please click here.
You may refer to Domain Renewal FAQs for more information.
9) Any Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .uk domain name?
No, there is no RGP for .uk domain. Kindly refer to Domain Redemption FAQs for more information.
10) How long does it takes for a domain to release to public registration after expired and not renew?
After a .uk domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
No renewal grace period -- > No Redemption grace period --> No pending delete
If you did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be released for public re-registration by registry however we are unable advise the exact date of domain release. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
11) Can I initiate a registrar transfer for .uk domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
No, due to registrar transfer function for .uk has yet launch.
12) Can I change registrant name for .uk domain name?
Yes, you are allowed to change registrant name for .uk domain name, please note that change of registrant is chargeable. Please contact Customer Service for the process and fees.
13) Does Exabytes provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for .uk?
No, Exabytes does not provide IDN.uk domain name at this moment.