An add-on domain is a new domain that is added on top of your main domain. It creates a sub directory within your main web hosting directory but can show a different website. The add-on domain collects the information from the sub domain directory using the same space and bandwidth as your main account, however it won't have its own control panel.
Add-On Domain Benefits
Example: SiteA.com is Main Domain and SiteB.com is Add-on Domain.
*Note: You may need to take note that too many add on domain on which being attached to the hosting may leads to resources usage to hit its limit on. It is best for your side to wisely manage the amount of add on domains being attached to the hosting.
- Create different content of websites on the same web hosting account.
- Save money and web space by using one hosting account instead of several hosting accounts.
- The add-on domain shares all the same resources (disk space, bandwidth...) with your main site.
- The add-on domain has its own FTP account, site stats, cgi-bin which is created automatically.
- Upload all pages, images, scripts, forums, etc. to your add-on domain directory.
- Access your add-on domain using several web site addresses
- Promote several web sites within one hosting account with their own set of keywords.
*Note: Please be reminded that you will need to change the name server for the add on domain to be the same as the main domain of the hosting on which you would like to add on the domain before process with the adding in process.