With Exabytes Web Hosting, you can create FTP accounts that will allow you to give others the ability to upload files to your web site. To set up FTP access, you'll need to create a FTP user account.
A FTP user account is a combination of user name and password that you will need to set up password protection for your site or site folders.
To set up a FTP user account in Linux Hosting (cPanel):
1. Log into cPanel. (http://www.YourDomain.com/cpanel/)
2. Click on "FTP Accounts"
3. Find "Add FTP Accounts"
4. Lastly, enter Login, Password, Directory and click "Create FTP Account".
- Login is the new FTP user name.
- Password will be this new FTP user's password.
- If you enter a single / in the directory box, the new FTP user will have access to the entire public_html directory and all directories under it. If you just want the new user to be able to access a sub-domain, just set the directory box to the same value as the sub-domain's root name, which is listed in parenthesis on the sub-domain section of this control panel. Please be aware that the new user will have read/write access to the directory you choose and every directory below it. For example, if you choose to add the user john, and give the user access to /home/username/public_html/john directory, the user will be able to add, edit, rename and remove any file or directory in /home/username/public_html/john.
To set up a FTP user account in Windows Hosting (HELM):
1. Log into HELM control panel (http://cp.YourDomain.com)
2. Click on "Domains" menu.
3. Click on the domain name which you wish to manage.
4. Click on "FTP Accounts"
5. Click on "Add New"
6. Enter FTP Username, Password, Confirm Password.
7. You may set the directory which you wish to let this new FTP user to have access to by clicking on "FTP Folder" and browse to the destination folder as per below screenshot. For your information root folder for Helm Control Panel is \wwwroot.
8. Lastly, may click on "Save"