Pros of using html email
- Visually appealing
- Able to include graphics, icons, clickable links, different fonts, interactive forms.
- Increased interactivity with your customers.
- Mostly used by advertisers, however more consumers are using html email as they switch to faster connections.
- Ads can be more effective in HTML
- Most of the popular email clients now support html email (ie Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape Communicator, Hotmail, Rocketmail, AOL, Yahoo, Web TV).
Cons of using html email
- Slow loading due to downloading of graphics
- Takes up more space in your email client
- Not all computers support html email
- Users may not have the required bandwidth or may have download quotas set by their ISPs.
- Hackers can send viruses, trojan horses embedded in html email.
- Users may turn off the option to receive html email, or use filters to quarantine it.
- Open your favorite html editor ie FrontPage, Dreamweaver (you can also use MS Word 97 or 2000 but it tends to bloat the code a little) to create your email.
- Always use absolute URLS for your graphics (ie http://www.yourdomain.com/images/header.gif).
- Graphics (ie images, icons, fancy fonts) must be stored on a web server to correctly appear in email software - you could save it as an attachment, however most folks will not open the attachment especially (and delete it) if it's from someone they don't know.
- If you don't want to use graphics, you can use colored tables for different sections (ie header, masthead, contact information and footers).
- Name and save the page you have created (ie html-email.htm).
- Open your Email Software - in outlook express (since it's the most popular) go to create mail - insert - text from file - scroll to your saved html page.
- You are now ready to send your html email.
- Email a test to yourself before your send it to your subscriber list. You may want to send it to your friends who have different email programs so you can be sure most of your subscribers can read it on their computers.
- Once you have created an attractive html page or newsletter, save it as a template. Now you can just open the template whenever you want to send html mail and most of the work will be done for you.
Please take note that spamming is strictly prohibited within Exabytes' s network and we have zero tolerance to SPAM. Your account will be suspended immediately without any prior notification if you are found spamming.