If Dotster.com is the official registrar of your domain name, you can register a new DNS through Dotster.com's Account Manager (http://dotster.com/). Simply follow the instructions below.
- Click on "My Account"
- Please log into your account.
- Click on "Domain List."
- Click on the link of the domain you would like to register a name server for.
- Click on the "Register Name Server" link at the bottom of the screen.
- You are then prompted to add the first part of the name server extension. We strongly suggest that you use ns1 and ns2 as the beginning extensions. The rest of the name server appears by default as your domain name.
NOTE: Please DO NOT enter www as the beginning extension for your name server. This will cause forwarding problems in the future.
- Enter the IP address in the text boxes directly below name of the server, EXACTLY as the ISP has given them to you.
- Then click on the "Update" button, and your name server is registered.
You can then register a second name server.
Once you have successfully completed the final step of this process, it will take approximately 24 to 72 hours for your new DNS to be processed by the registry and begin resolving correctly.
You may also preview the following Flash Tutorial on the steps by steps for creating your own private name server :